Saturday 11 August 2007

Under

'There is nothing I can do,' I said to myself this morning lying half-awake in my bed, 'my life will never change.' It was true, in a way, my life always follows the same pattern, ever since I remember, or to be more precise, ever since I became a conscious being.
I am lost and don't know what to do, then an opportunity appears and I follow it, it seems all very well for a while, I feel happy, ecstatic sometimes, and then the feeling slowly dies down, gives way to the routine, the sense of helplessness and loss of control slowly creeps over me, I give into it, I begin to slip, to sink deeper and deeper, dark thoughts gather around me thoughts of the past without bright future, the feeling of loneliness, uselessness and then all becomes dark- I go to sleep...
I sleep a lot, whenever I am depressed. My mind and body give in. I don't want to think, I don't want to feel, I want to sleep and never wake up again...
It happened again- it gained momentum yesterday. And this morning (noon, to be more precise- I slept a lot) I was still weak and I wondered- 'why does it still frighten me so much whenever I feel that I am going down? Why am I still afraid that I will stay at the bottom and never resurface again? Is it at all possible?' I lay in bed and wondered. But then somebody gave me a push forward, I pulled myself together and began to tidy my room and with it my mind again. Everything fell into place, everything was crystal clear and it still is. I only hope that the bright spot will stay around for longer this time. I don't want to take a plunge again, not just yet...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know this feeling, I tend to have such from time to time, I stay in bed for 3 days (if it is possible of course), during this time I find myself ugly, stupid, unattractive, I don't know what to do in the future, I don't know who I want to be, I'm frightened to live...I'm just depressed. But I've read once that a real depression is when you keep going like this for 2 weeks, then you must see a doc. Unfortunately, according to this my depression is never real and so nobody takes me serious:(