Saturday 8 September 2007

Ordinary days

OK, so I've been back in the country of 'POPiS' for over a week.
From what I can still recall it felt like 'it's good to be back home' on the day when I arrived in Poznan. But only too soon I realised that I cannot stay in the city, as I need to spend some 'quality time' with my family...
I've spent most of my days on the farm and my feelings are, well..., let's say they are mixed. On one hand it is good to have some people around- I was kind of isolated in England, but on the other hand, here I've been thrown onto another extreme- there are too many people around. The cottage is now forced to fit 11 people, and it was never meant to do that... Not to mention the fact that when there are 11 people thrown together in one place, and 6 of them are under-aged conflicts will occur..., order and tidiness is unlikely, noise and fights and other 'excitements' are quite frequent...
For some reason, I've become a housewife for the time-being...
I get up in the morning and tidy the beds, then clean the kitchen- tons of dishes after breakfast, do the laundry, and by the time I'm done with my breakfast it's already high time to begin to organise the dinner for 11- this never fails to provide me with a challenge... Then it's time to tidy again, time to help on the farm, and before I know it it's late evening... And that's more or less what my ordinary days look like- some variation appears from time to time, but on the whole they all look the same.
I do only few things, yet it takes all day to complete all my chores and... there is no time to study, or should I say no willingness and the chores only provide me with an excuse? I really couldn't tell...

1 comment:

Verona said...

Hi:) I was wondering if you could still please me with your posts...:) I'd love to read about your feelings, adventures, emotions... Maybe in this way we will stay in touch for a bit longer than only five years of studying. What do you think? Is it possible? Or are we all too busy for that? Kisses:)